Our history/company profile
- Friedrich Ellmers founded the company in 1936 as a cotton forwarder.
- After the Second World War, Carl Hermann Graue took over the company, later co-managing it with his son, Carl-Georg Graue.
- In 1980, Klaus Wolthoff acquired all the shares and acted as Managing Director for 30 years.
- Over the last two decades, ESF has evolved into a logistics company that provides not only forwarding, but also many other associated services.
- We are committed to our location in Bremen as the base from which we handle orders from all over the world.
- Since 2011/2015, Jörg Plaumann and Jan–Willem Burgmann have been at the helm of the company as Managing Partners.
- December 2015: Opening of our Vienna branch